Advertise

August 1, 2010

My Sickness

Its a sickness i would say
Its a habit i can tell
Its a addiction i would know
Its so sad i know it is
I look around for something sharp
I’m desperate to feel the pain
I find a nail setting on a dusty wooden shelf
Hold out my arm and move my bracelets upward
To reveal a scarred up wrist
One cut for the death of my grandpa
He’s the one who has me singing amazing grace
At times like this

One cut for the man I once called my father
Now locked behind prison bars
He’s the one who taught me to fear all men
One cut for the man i love
He’s the one who made me want to find the cure
For a disease called cancer
One cut for the loss of my mama
She’s the one who left behind her little girl
And the final cut goes out to me
The one who fears to be alone
So now i walk the halls of my school
With a bandaged wrist
Nobody knows
But I’m sure they suspect
I’m slowly dieing
One cut at a time
Like i said
Its a sickness…….
MY SICKNESS
By Kalee

No comments:

Post a Comment